Horion Index du Forum

Horion Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

The Pursuit Of God - Illustrated Edition Download Epub Mobi

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Horion Index du Forum -> Partie publique -> Recrutement
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
meegeger

MessagePosté le: Mar 20 Juin - 05:11 (2017)    Sujet du message: The Pursuit Of God - Illustrated Edition Download Epub Mobi Répondre en citant

The Pursuit of God - Illustrated Edition
by A.W. Tozer
rating: 5.0 (1 reviews)

->>>DOWNLOAD BOOK The Pursuit of God - Illustrated Edition
READ BOOK The Pursuit of God - Illustrated Edition

Here is a masterly study of the inner life by a heart thirsting after God, eager to grasp at least the outskirts of His ways, the abyss of His love for sinners, and the height of His unapproachable majesty—and it was written by a busy pastor in Chicago! Who could imagine David writing the twenty-third Psalm on South Halsted Street, or a medieval mystic finding inspiration in a small study on the second floor of a frame house on that vast, flat checker-board of endless streets? Where cross the crowded ways of life where sound the cries of race and clan, in haunts of wretchedness and need, on shadowed threshold dark with fears, and paths where hide the lures of greed... But even as Dr. Frank Mason North, of New York, says in his immortal poem, so Mr. Tozer says in this book: Above the noise of selfish strife we hear Thy voice, O Son of Man. My acquaintance with the author is limited to brief visits and loving fellowship in his church. There I discovered a self-made scholar, an omnivorous reader with a remarkable library of theological and devotional books, and one who seemed to burn the midnight oil in pursuit of God. His book is the result of long meditation and much prayer. It is not a collection of sermons. It does not deal with the pulpit and the pew but with the soul a thirst for God. The chapters could be summarized in Moses' prayer, "Show me thy glory," or Paul's exclamation, "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" It is theology not of the head but of the heart. There is deep insight, sobriety of style, and a catholicity of outlook that is refreshing. The author has few quotations but he knows the saints and mystics of the centuries—Augustine, Nicholas of Cusa, Thomas à Kempis, von Hügel, Finney, Wesley and many more. The ten chapters are heart searching and the prayers at the close of each are for closet, not pulpit. I felt the nearness of God while reading them.

Details:
price: $0.99
bound: 57 pages
publisher: Independently published (February 8, 2017)
lang: English
asin:
isbn: 1520555318, 978-1520555317,
weight: 5 ounces (
filesize:

The Pursuit of God - Illustrated Edition A.W. Tozer
The Pursuit of God - Illustrated Edition free doc The Pursuit of God - Illustrated Edition download english

Tags: ios сhapter cheap eng download, text view writer download amazon, iBooks online how read via how to, free online iphone, download full book, book cheap book, purchase book text windows mobile, thepiratebay torrent download, book SkyDrive, fb2 online find book сhapter, book download fb2, eReader itunes view windows download, book DepositFiles, book book free from Galaxy, book for ibooks, book samsung, download torrent ExtraTorrent, book OneDrive, free epub, flibusta fb2 download original online, direct link download german android price

Tozer's...hope...for...the...Church...in...writing...this...book...is...that...it...would...awaken...it...from...the...slumber...which...is...so...evidentWe..come..unconsciously..to..recognize..two..sets..of..actionsI....won't....give....any....details....away....because....I....believe....the....book....needs....to....be....read....to....understand....what....I'm....writingRate...it...*...You...Rated...it...*...1...Star...-...I...hated...it...2...Stars...-...I...didn't...like...it...3...Stars...-...It...was...OK...4...Stars...-...I...liked...it...5...Stars...-...I...loved...it...Please...make...sure...to...choose...a...rating...Add...a...review...*...Required...Review...*...How...to...write...a...great...review...Do...Say...what...you...liked...best...and...least...Describe...the...author's...style...Explain...the...rating...you...gave...Don't...Use...rude...and...profane...language...Include...any...personal...information...Mention...spoilers...or...the...book's...price...Recap...the...plot...(0)...50...characters...minimum...The...review...must...be...at...least...50...characters...longThe....impulse....to....pursue....God....originates....with....God,....but....the....outworking....of....that....impulse....is....our....following....hard....after....HimThe....ten....chapters....are....heart....searching....and....the....prayers....at....the....close....of....each....are....for....closet,....not....pulpitTozer...Languange...Used...:...English...Release...Date...:...2011-04-26...Publisher...by...:...Niche...Edition...Description...:...About...this...edition...of...The...Pursuit...of...God...by...A.WNonetheless,...I...will...do...so...in...hopes...of...convincing...some...of...you...to...take...the...plungeThis....work,....along....with....few....other....selections,....becomes....a....diagnostic....tool....for....my....heart.more...flag...9...likesLike...see...review...I...found...myself...reading...and...re-reading...paragraphs...over...and...overOne..of..the..Best..Books..I've..Ever..Read..By..Shorter..on..Oct..07,..2014..If..you..want..to..experience..the..joys..of..Christian..living,..I..highly..encourage..you..to..read..this..bookContinue..shopping..Item(s)..unavailable..for..purchase..Please..review..your..cartI...found...myself...reading...and...re-reading...paragraphs...over...and...overOct..04,..2015..Rick..Dugan..rated..it..it..was..amazing....review..of..another..edition..Considering..Tozer..wrote..this..classic..on..an..all..night..train..from..Chicago..to..Texas,..I'm..challenged..to..redeem..the..time..I..spend..on..airplanes!This..intensely..spiritual..yet..practical..book..gets..beyond..emotive..arguments..for..pursuing..GodHe...talks...about...removing...the...veil...that...we...might...see...the...LordA..new..set..of..eyes..(so..to..speak)..will..develop..within..us..enabling..us..to..be..looking..at..God..while..our..outward..eyes..are..seeing..the..scenes..of..this..passing..world."The..Chapter..Titles:(my..interpretation..in..parenthesis)1:Following..Hard..After..God2:Blessedness..of..Possessing..Nothing3:Removing..the..Veil..(Barrier..to..God)4:Apprehending..God..(Personal..Relationship..with..God)5:Universal..Presence..(Omniscience)6:Speaking..Voice..(His..Word..is..Written..and..Speaks)8:Gaze..of..the..Soul..(Developing..Faith)..8:Restoring..the..Creator-creature..Relation..(A..Proper..Perspective..of..the..Temporal..and..the..Eternal)9:Meekness..and..Rest..(The..Burden..of..Self-Love)10:Sacrament..of..Living..(The..Undivided..Life)I..understand..that..the..book..intended..to..address..some..misdirected/erroneous..ideas..and..practices..within..Christianity..at..the..time..of..Tozer's..writin,..so..some..sections..seem..over-accentuatedEverything....He....did....is....something....we....can....do....through....the....power....of....the....Holy....Spirit

Even....before....I....ever....read....this....book....and....before....I....even....heard....of....John....Piper,....God....was....already....laying....the....foundations....in....my....heart,....teaching....me....the....discipline....of....seeking....Him.And....without....faith....it....is....impossible....to....please....him,....for....whoever....would....draw....near....to....God....must....believe....that....he....exists....and....that....he....rewards....those....who....seek....him"He...had...the...ability...to...make...his...listeners...face...themselves...in...the...light...of...what...God...was...saying...to...them,"...writes...Snyder.TABLE...OF...CONTENTSAbout...The...AuthorIntroductionPrefaceIThe...theme...dealt...with...has...to...do...with...the...basic...idea...of..."finding...God"...vsTozer...stimulates...a...hunger...for...God...and...teaches...us...to...find...him...in...various...ways...and...placedWIt....will....instill....a....greater....knowledge....and....understanding....of....Christ's....love....for....you....every....time....you....read....itI....can't....write....a....review....that....will....do....the....book....justiceI..felt..the..nearness..of..God..while..reading..themRead...Tozer...and...you...will...see...the...heart...of...one...who...has...penetrated...the...veil...in...his...pursuit...of...GodLEvery...Christian...should...read...this...book...in...his...or...her...lifeI...received...this...book...free...from...the...publisherNee's...book...on...the...book...of...Matthew...is...quite...the...mindful...(!)...A 79c7fb41ad

WNeill...Foster...(Preface...by)...4.42...avg...rating...—...386...ratings...—...published...1996...—...16...editions...Want...to...Read...saving...Error...rating...book
Alice im Wunderland (ApeBook Classics) (Victorian Writers) (German Edition) download epub mobi pdf fb2Matthew 21:22 - If You Believe, You Will Receive What You Ask For In Prayer: Quote journal Notebook Composition Book Inspirational Quotes Lined Notebook (8.5"x11") Large (Volume 7) downloadWeekly Bookkeeping Journal Template download epub mobi pdf fb2General View of the Agriculture in the County of Somerset: With Observations on the Means of its Improvement download epub mobi pdf fb2The Antics of Thomas the Cat: Thomas and the Golden Chalice download epub mobi pdf fb2A Walk in the Garden: A Guide to Krider World’s Fair Garden and its History download epub mobi pdf fb2Chroniques d'Amérique du Nord (Tome 1) (French Edition) download epub mobi pdf fb2The Happy Hollisters and the Mystery in Skyscraper City (Volume 17) download epub mobi pdf fb2Broken for Good: How Grief Awoke My Greatest Hopes download epub mobi pdf fb2Academic Biliteracies: Multilingual Repertoires in Higher Education (Bilingual Education & Bilingualism) download epub mobi pdf fb2

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 20 Juin - 05:11 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Horion Index du Forum -> Partie publique -> Recrutement Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange